Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 6 - Unexpected Free Time

I thought I would be going to work today, but they have most everything set up for tomorrow's soft open so I just stayed at home. It didn't quite feel like a day off, but I can't quite figure out why. Action on a couple of new items today:

#4 - I now have yarn for the Irtfa'a shawl. It isn't exactly the shade I was hoping for, but getting 1,760 yards of laceweight for $10 isn't an everyday occurrence. It should be fine. My next "action step" (I think I picked that up from a 'steps to success' book somewhere... GTD?) is to buy the pattern from Anne's website. I won't be able to start working on it until I finish a lace scarf I have on the needles, though, so it might wait a couple of weeks.

#8 - Tomorrow ought to be the day I find out if I have this internship or not. The not knowing is not fun. Once I have the answer I'll be able to plan the next few months of my life, which I look forward to.

#10 - The next New Yorker just arrived today. I'm on page 24, which means I skipped over all the movie and show listings in the front and read half of a Talk of the Town article. -_^

#26 - Yes.

#48 - I'm up to page 38 in the 社会 textbook. This section is all about the jobs people do, from banker to construction worker. Not too much new vocab and lots of pictures make fast going (it'll be reversed in later chapters--I know, I already peeked). The best new word in this section is 勧誘する人, or roughly traveling salesman.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to have a "me" lunch, and there's a chance some friends and I will visit a museum or two on Tuesday. I like this feeling of making progress. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Wow... keeping my fingers crossed for you about #8! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete