Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 29 - Check by Check

Two, count them, two bold items today!

#6 - Complete lace scarf

I finally finished the North Star Scarf that's been weighing on my mind this past month. It's pinned out and drying now, so no pictures quite yet. I have a couple of un-photographed FOs lying about... I may just have a photo session tomorrow or the next day. ^_^

#58 - Procure a fitting black necklace cord

I actually did one better--I fixed the one I have. The lobster clasp had broken, dropping my favorite stained glass necklace down into my bra several times a day. I found an extra clasp I bought last year and replaced the old with my bare hands (who needs pliers?). I saved money and got instant gratification. Sweet.

I also made some headway towards partials this week. Tried a new tea (#21), the Pettiagalla I mentioned. ...it's kinda weak. I like more robust black teas. Nice for mid-morning sipping, though. I'm this close to buying the pattern for the Irtfa'a shawl. Always more with the Japanese, of course, and while I tried to make it though the New Yorker in time it didn't happen. Always next week.

It didn't fit any of my listed goals, but Ken and I went to the SF Zoo Thursday. It was a bunch of fun, if a little cold. The animals were great, though.

Zoo - Giraffe

Zoo - Flamingo

1 comment:

  1. Well... we wanna see a pic of the scarf ya know?
    Cool necklace! Good job.
    Went to that Zoo a few years back... it's so nice. Thanks for sharing pics. ;)

    ReplyDelete