Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 18 - Little Bits

Yan and I went on a field trip on her Vespa last weekend. Riding the scooter is a ton of fun, though it took some getting used to. Rule number one--don't flail about. Rule number two--squeeze Yan's butt with your knees. Rule number three--lean forward when going uphill. Rule number four--try not to kick Yan with your looong legs. -_^

Yan and Sonja 2

Yan and Red Sonja. Yan has a thing for red.

While out we went to Outback (#71), and I can't say that I cared for it. Then again, I don't care for steakhouses much, period. The french onion soup was pretty good, though.

We also went to JoAnns so I could finally use the $25 gift card I got for Christmas. I picked up sock needles, stitch holders, stitch markers... all the stupid little stuff you need but always forget to buy. I also grabbed two balls of self-striping dishcloth cotton.

Miter Dishcloth

Miter dishcloth based on Mason-Dixon Knitting's miter square. One towards #5--woot!

As far as other knitting goes I'm trying to make a lace scarf (#6) in time for my mom's big Alaskan cruise. I've finished four of nine pattern repeats, so it's getting there! I also finished a pair of socks (#1), which I'll show you as soon as I get some pictures taken.

I'm saddened to report that I lapsed in taking my vitamins for a few days so #26 has been reset and told to sit in the corner for a while.

I like the way that thinking about this list has kept me goal oriented. Just making it was a wonderful exercise in figuring out what is important in my life. It also prevents me from living on auto pilot. Who wants to do that?

1 comment:

  1. I like the scooter rules... very cute!
    Nope... think we all might be trying to avoid the auto-pilot thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete